Choosing the Right Surgeon
- Plan to do some careful research before choosing a surgeon.
- Should the initial consultation with the surgeon result in surgery it is the technical expertise and artistic skill of the surgeon you choose that will dictate the outcome of the surgery.
- Find a surgeon with whom you are comfortable and who has a reputation of excellent results with the surgery you seek. Friends or relatives are often a good source of finding a competent surgeon. A satisfied patient is always the most powerful and reliable endorsement for any experienced and skilled surgeon.
- It is a good idea to check a surgeon’s credentials before scheduling a consultation.
- A fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons is a benchmark of excellence, and this indicates that the surgeon has received extensive training in their particular field of expertise and has passed an exhaustive battery of written and oral examinations.
- Most Rhinoplasty surgeons are trained in Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat), Head and Neck surgery. So look for these initials after their name FRACS (ENT).
Ensure your surgeon is a member of:
|Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons|
|The Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery|
|The Australasian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery|